Marcy Dam

Marcy Dam
Marcy Dam

Sunday, October 10, 2010

PE mini-conference Drum-tastic fun!

After finishing up my classes on Friday morning, I stoped into Park Center to attend a presentation on something going on in PE.  After looking over the sheet with the presentations on it, I went to the Aerobic Drumming class.  Once I got there, my mind was fliped...we weren't going to listen to someone speak, we were going to experience something new and participate in it.  After everyone got an exercise ball and set up in a circle, we all got drum sticks.  What came next was a BALLIN good time.  The lady giving the presentation started music, and then started doing drum beats on the exercise ball (with music playing).  The class then started doing what she was doing and before long we were all dancing and moving with the music.  This type of exericse was wonderful because you don't have to be in the greatest of shape to do it (if I did it anyone can)  It can also be used for athletes trying to come back from an injury, some movements were great for stretching and getting the body moving.  I had so much fun doing this and it opened my eyes to the possibilities that PE has to offer.  These kind of things just get me more excited to start teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment