Marcy Dam

Marcy Dam
Marcy Dam

Friday, October 1, 2010

My Thoughts on Chapter 1!

While reading the chapter 1 of the text, I couldn't help but picture myself teaching.  Just the idea of being a PE teacher is very exciting.  As I read, I put myself in situations in my head and try to see what I would do.
The text outlines why it is becoming more important for there to be good PE teachers in the world.  The first thing for being a good teacher is following the NASPE standards of teaching.  The book then also talked about why it is important that PE teachers go into the world of teaching with the determination to make a difference in young kids lives, and allow them to live a physically active lifestyle.  The text also discussed some concerns that teachers have with keeping their students safe.  A teacher must take every precaution to making sure that there is a safe environment for all of their students.  One thing that I was happy to read about in the book was how our goals as teachers are never met and we must continually stride to make ourselves better and always work tward influencing kids in a positive manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment